This means, if you haven't been building quality backlinks lately, you probably aren't going to see much improvement in your website traffic and conversions.
So, if you want to rank higher in search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, and others, you need to focus on building relevant links. Otherwise, you won't see much success.
However, after analyzing hundreds of websites, we found that there are specific types of links that convert significantly better than others, especially those that target highly searched keywords. These are the kinds of links we want to share with you.
1. Content Marketing Links
Content marketing links are extremely valuable in terms of SEO optimization, user engagement, and overall profitability. They allow you to link directly to content on another page on your site without having to actually go there first.
For example, suppose you want to link to a blog post on your site that discusses an industry trend or offers tips for improving customer service. Instead of linking to the actual blog post, you can simply insert your anchor text within these phrases and add the URL to the end.
When someone clicks on the link, they'll immediately arrive on the web page you specified. This allows you to avoid having visitors leave your site in order to reach the destination you desire.
Most importantly, content marketing links are low maintenance. All you need to do is update the content whenever necessary, and you can still reap the benefits of the backlinks.
2. Guest Posting Backlinks
Although guest posting isn't as effective as other types of links, it is still worthwhile. Why? Because it gives you the opportunity to write original content that appears alongside a trusted source.
To maximize its potential, focus on writing articles that relate to the subject matter of the website you're targeting, as well as any similar topics that are related to yours.
Some sites offer unique opportunities for guest blogging. For example, Quora has a feature called Ask Me Anything. If you submit a question that relates to a topic on your site, you may receive a response from a thought leader in your field.
It's like free advertising! Another option is StumbleUpon. You may find yourself sharing interesting blogs via social media, gaining valuable exposure and backlinks in return.
3. Directory Listings Backlinks
A directory listing backlink is similar to a guest posting backlink in that you're providing content for an established website. But, instead of publishing a piece of your own content, you're contributing information about a company or individual who's listed in a directory.
Many directories exist, such as Yelp, Yellow Pages, CitySearch, etc., so there should be plenty of choices available to you.
While some businesses frown upon receiving backlinks in exchange for money, others don't care. As long as the content on the pages you list is relevant, then it shouldn't matter whether you're paid or unpaid.
4. Press Releases Backlinks
Press releases are a form of newsworthy content that you can distribute online. By doing so, you can provide publishers with additional coverage for their publications.
Publishing press releases is typically done through PRWeb, which provides you with access to thousands of journalists. To ensure maximum visibility, you should create content that's informative and engaging. Also, include a keyword in the title and description that matches what people type into search engines.
Then, publish the press release and wait for the results. Within minutes, you could receive dozens of clickable backlinks.
5. Email Newsletters Backlinks
Email newsletters are nothing new. What many marketers fail to realize is that, as an added benefit, they can use them to generate backlinks.
Here's how it works: Once you've created a newsletter template, you can customize emails using WordPress and send them out regularly to subscribers.
You can also promote different products, services, discounts, events, or anything else that relates to your business. The key is to provide value to your audience so that they feel compelled to share your email with others.
That way, they'll become a source of referral traffic. In addition, readers will often comment on content and encourage others to subscribe, giving you yet another opportunity to attract backlinks.
6. Social Media Sharing Backlinks
Social media shares are one of the most powerful ways to build links because they allow you to reach millions of users at once.
If you have a blog, you can write posts that contain images or videos and then share them across various platforms. This includes Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, Reddit, etc.
The more popular sites you have, the greater the chance that someone will link to your site from those pages.
Also, if you have a YouTube channel, you can post videos that contain links to other websites. If you do this consistently, you'll see your views increase dramatically over time.
- inbound links (backlinks) are very important for SEO purposes.
- high-quality backlinks are much better than low-quality ones.
- search engine optimization is all about building quality backlinks.
- backlink profile is a good indicator of your website’s authority.
- Organic traffic is free and direct. It’s not influenced by ads or marketing campaigns.
- organic traffic is valuable because it’s targeted and comes from real human beings who want to consume your content.
- broken link detection is a great tool for identifying dead links and fixing them before they cause any damage.
- broken link removal tools help you identify and remove broken links from your site.
- broken link remover helps you find broken links on your own site.
- broken links are usually caused by outdated web hosting accounts or server issues.
- broken link checker helps you find broken links.
- External links are links that point to external resources such as social networks, blogs, forums, articles, etc.
- Internal links are links that lead to specific sections within your website.
- incoming links are links pointing towards your website.
- Link building is the process of acquiring hyperlinks to improve the ranking of a webpage in a search engine.
- Outgoing links are links that point away from your website.
- PageRank is a measure of the importance of a page in a network.
- Pagerank is a number between 0 and 10 that indicates the importance of a particular
- Quality content means having unique and useful information that people would like to read.
- SEO tools are used to optimize websites for search engines.
- Guest posts are pieces of original writing published on third party websites.
- backlink opportunities are places where you can add links to your website.
- Domain Authority is a score that ranges from 1 to 100. The higher the number, the better optimized the domain name is for its keyword.
- DoFollow links are links that pass PageRank to the linked page.
- DoNotFollow links are links that prevent PageRank from passing to the linked page.
- link building strategies are ways to get links to your website. They include guest posting, article submissions, press releases, forum postings, directory listings, etc.
- link exchanges are when two websites agree to exchange links with each other.
- link farms are groups of websites owned by one person or company that exist solely to generate spammy links.
- link juice is the value that links carry.
- backlink generator helps you create backlinks to your website.
- low-quality backlinks have no value and are often penalized by Google.
- Low-value backlinks are those that don't contribute anything to your business.
- keyword rankings are based on how many times a certain word appears in a document.
- nofollow links are links that do not pass PageRank to the pages they link to.
- PageRank measures the popularity of a website.
- Press release distribution services distribute press releases to media outlets.
- PR0 (page rank zero) is the lowest possible Page Rank.
- PR10 (page rank ten) is the highest possible Page Rank.