Snapchat is an app that allows its users to send messages and pictures to each other. This has given rise to a number of online scams, one of the most popular beings “snapcash”.
This is similar to another scam called “WhatsApp spam” wherein users send thousands of WhatsApp messages pretending to be a Nigerian prince looking to invest his fortune. Some of these texts ask for money to avoid deportation or imprisonment.
So although these types of scams are illegal, we can still make money using Snapchat and other apps such as Instagram.
In this article, we'll talk about how to make money from Snapchat. We’ll also provide some examples of real people doing this.
15 Ways To Make Money Using Snapchat
1. Sell Pictures/Videos
Take the best quality pictures and videos you can possibly find, upload them onto Snapchat, then make sure to include your username. If done correctly, you can get paid pretty quickly for your efforts!
2. Earn Points For Sharing Content
Snapchat rewards content creators with points based on their popularity. Popular accounts tend to receive more points, giving you an opportunity to become more famous.
There is no limit to how much money you can make through this method.
3. Use Hashtags
Hashtag campaigns are fairly common among those engaged in affiliate marketing. There are a number of companies offering various hashtags for sale.
A typical tag campaign costs $10-$20, but this is a relatively cheap price compared to the potential earnings.
4. Get Paid For Videos
When uploading video clips to Snapchat, you may be asked if you would like to receive payment. If you agree, a pop-up message appears letting you know that you’ve earned $0.50 for every 1,000 views.
However, don't expect to see a substantial amount of extra cash flow after just a few days. As mentioned above, the earning rate is quite low compared to the average person.
5. Promote Products
As stated earlier, Snapchat offers advertising space for anyone wishing to promote their products or services.
Although the ads aren’t the greatest value, you can still make some decent amounts of money if you manage to convince others to purchase your products using Snapchat ads.
6. Become An Influencer
Influencers often receive huge amounts of money for sharing sponsored content.
Some influencers report receiving hundreds of dollars per week, but others make significantly less.
All you need to do is pay attention to the posts that appear to be sponsored, and search for the hashtag #sponsored.
Once you’re familiar with these posts, you should be able to replicate this strategy yourself.
7. Create Sponsored Stories
Similar to sponsored posts, sponsored stories offer opportunities for brands to share content created by independent writers.
These can be anything from opinion piece to creative writing pieces.
As with sponsored posts, remember to always read any text appearing in a sponsor’s story carefully.
8. Write Articles
Write articles for major publications, such as Forbes or HuffPost. These two websites are notorious for paying well for original material.
While you won't necessarily earn very much money, you can still make a decent amount of money for writing articles.
For example, an average writer earns approximately $500 for 500 words. However, since short articles typically run 2,000-5,000 words, you could potentially earn $250-750 per article.
9. Do Photo Shoots
Photographers and videographers often sell images taken at events or photo shoots on sites like Fiverr.
Make sure to hire a photographer or videographer that specializes in event photography and photo shoots. The prices for these jobs vary depending on the type of job.
10. Join Groups
Join groups on Facebook and Twitter, where users post links to products they're selling.
Group members can browse the list of items posted by other group members and decide whether they'd be interested in purchasing certain products.
The key here is to join groups that seem active and interesting.
11. Add Links To Other Sites
It doesn’t matter what kind of website you own, there's bound to be a section somewhere where you can insert links to sell products or services.
Most websites allow you to add links in different places, so take advantage of these options whenever possible.
12. Post Ads In Chatrooms
Chatrooms are often used by teens and young adults who want to buy drugs or engage in sexual activity.
Posting ads within chatrooms gives you access to people using the site regularly.
13. Take Surveys And Answer Questions
Survey sites are becoming increasingly popular, especially as many survey sites give out generous payments for completing surveys.
Although you may receive small payments for taking simple surveys, you may be able to increase your income considerably by answering questions relating to specific topics.
For example, if you love music, you might be offered surveys related to music, or maybe movies.
14. Offer Services On Online Marketplaces
Online marketplaces are a great way to generate revenue without investing too much capital or effort into starting and running your own business.
There are several marketplaces that allow businesses to advertise their services or products for free, including UpWork, Freelancer, Guru, and PeoplePerHour.
Many of these sites operate on a commission basis, meaning you earn money if visitors choose to purchase what you offer.
15. Sell Your Own Product Or Service
Finally, it makes sense to create your own product or service.
Whether you're good at drawing, creating social media graphics, or even designing T-shirts, you can begin earning money immediately once you launch your own brand.
If you think you have what it takes to launch your own company, check out my guide on How to Launch & Run A Website Design Business for tips on launching your own website design company.
- to get more money you should get more Snapchat Followers
- vertical videos on Snapchat are the best
- video Snaps are the most engaging
- business geofilter is the best
- type of content matters because it affects engagement
- original content is better than reposted content
- Premium Snapchat make you look cool
- social networks are the best place to promote your snapchat account
- active users are the best audience
- target audience matters when promoting your snapchat account
- Evan Spiegel is the founder of Snap Inc.
- social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Snapchat has been downloaded over 100 million times
- Snapchat is available on iOS and Android devices
- Snapchat is an app that allows users to send photos and videos that disappear after being viewed
- Snapchat was founded by two Stanford University students named Reggie Brown and Bobby Murphy
- Snapchat was launched in 2011
- Snapchat was acquired by Facebook in 2012
- Snapchat app is available in 190 countries around the world
- Snapchat is one of the fastest growing apps in the history of Apple App Store
- Snapchat is currently ranked #1 among all other social media apps
- Snapchat has 1 billion monthly active users
- Snapchat is owned by Snap Inc.
- Snapchat is a mobile messaging platform developed by Snap Inc.
- Snapchat Stories feature allows users to share short videos with friends